Monday, November 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Bliss

So you already all know how much I LOVE peanut butter. So naturally, after the trick or treaters have come and gone, I'm ready to dig out all the leftover Reese's peanut butter cups to enjoy for myself...if I even hand any out that is. I've been known to set those babies aside as a last resort to hand out.
I though this year I'd put all those leftover PB cups to use in a cookie.


About a year ago, I snuck my grandma's recipe box from her house, typed out all the recipes and printed them into a book for various members of the family. This recipe is one I created based off of the "Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies" recipe that can be found in that book.

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

1/2 cup shortening (I substituted butter here)
3/4 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1 cup brown sugar (can also sub 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar)
1 egg
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Chop up peanut butter cups and set aside. (it's usually best to chop up an extra cup so that you aren't so short after you eat away them as you prep the other ingredients)


In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together until fluffy. Then add in the vanilla and egg. In a seperate smaller bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, and flour. 
Then add this mixture gradually to the peanut butter mixture in the larger bowl. 
Mix this well and then add in the chopped peanut butter cups. 

Drop the dough by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
(unlike a normal peanut butter cookie, there is no need to squish the dough down here) 
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Cool, and then move to cooling rack.


And you guessed it...look who's creeping around as soon as the cookies come out...





2 comments: