Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Lots-Of-Ways Banana Cake"

A moist, coconut-ty, rummy, banana-y delight!


So I've been reading a lot about the famous Dorie Greenspan these days & waiting patiently to get my hands on a copy of her book "Baking: From My Home To Yours". My lucky day finally came yesterday!
Looking through this book for the first time was... overwhelming to say the least- - I wanted to make every recipe on every page immediately. However, bananas being one of my all time favorite foods, I opted to make the ever so versatile "Lots-Of-Ways" Banana Cake". And I was not sorry!


To get this recipe, you'll have to check out pages 204-205 of Dorie's new book... as well as every other page! This is the particular way I followed the recipe:

"Lots-Of-Ways Banana Cake"
- 2 2/3 cup flour        
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 tsp salt          
- 1/2 cup sour cream 
- 1/2 tsp salt             
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 12 Tbsps butter    
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 eggs   
- 1 cup packed brown sugar   
- 3/4 cup white sugar  
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract           
- 2 Tbsps dark rum




 I opted for a chocolate whipped cream frosting to top it all off as well, I simply used:

-500mL of regular whipped cream
-2-3 Tbsps of sugar (to taste)
-2-3 Tbsps of cocoa powder. 




No comments:

Post a Comment