Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Simple & Fresh

This has been a hectic week to say the least. Work, work, work. Not to mention, getting ready for our trip next week!
But Aston's not stressin'...

Yesterday I spent my usual one day hanging around my Grama's place. We baked up a quick a simple batch of peanut butter cookies for Grampa. But these really were hands down the best PB cookies of my life. 


Grama's favorite cookbook was given to her for her bridal shower when she was 18 or so, and she still loves it. I love it too, old but simple and fresh recipes. 
And thats where she gets these PB cookies from. 


As you can see, there's the recipe... simple as can be, yet the best one I've tried. 


Scoop Scoop Scoop....


Bake Bake Bake...


Tasty Treats!! 

My Grama and Grampa also have the most amazing vegetable garden you've seen. On my list of things to do in life is "have a vegetable garden like Gma & Gpa"

For lunch, we headed to the garden to pick some fresh veg for a big pot of soup and some tasty tomato sammies. 


All washed & trimmed. 
We made up a nice big pot of soup with simply a big of hamburger, all these veggies, and some barley. Oh, and a jar of canned tomatoes. 


Wa-lah! 


And I had me a nice big beefsteak tomato (from the garden) sandwich, but it went down too fast to snap a pic, hehe. 

Everything we made today was so simple, but so so delicious and fresh. 

I need a garden...







No comments:

Post a Comment